Assisting startups, SMBs & large organizations with focused Cyber Security Awareness Training courses.
What is Cyber Security Awareness Training?
Security awareness training is a strategy used by IT and security professionals to prevent and mitigate user risk. These programs are designed to help users and employees understand the role they play in helping to combat information security breaches. Effective security awareness training helps employees understand proper cyber hygiene, the security risks associated with their actions and to identify cyber attacks they may encounter via email and the web.
Why do your employees need security awareness training?
Research suggests that human error is involved in more than 90% of security breaches. Security awareness training helps to minimize risk thus preventing the loss of PII, IP, money or brand reputation. An effective awareness training program addresses the cybersecurity mistakes that employees may make when using email, the web and in the physical world such as tailgaiting or improper document disposal.
Why choose security awareness training from Techsho?
Techsho security awareness training is highly effective at changing employee attitudes and behavior around critical security practices. Additional benefits of include:
- Expert content: Our highly engaging cybersecurity awareness training content is professionally produced by veterans of the industry and developed by the insight and expertise of former law enforcement and cybersecurity gurus.
- Simple administration: Easy to manage policies and users for web, email security and awareness training within a cloud-based platform.
Critical security awareness training topics
Techsho Awareness Training regularly releases new training modules to keep content fresh for your users and reflect emerging security threats your organization faces. In addition to the annual training modules focused on information security topics, Techsho releases monthly shorter trainings based on trending cyberattacks or season scams and specialty topics covering new data privacy regulations.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Phishing awareness, teaching employees how to recognize and deal with potential phishing emails
- Password security, including instruction on using strong passwords and avoiding personal passwords.
- Privacy issues, with instructions on how to protect the sensitive data of customers, partners, other employees and the company.
- Compliance, covering compliance for HIPAA, PCI and GDPR.
- Insider threats, instructing employees how to recognize threats that may come from inside the organization.
- CEO/wire fraud, showing employees how attackers may impersonate a C-level executive to defraud the company of thousands of dollars.
- Data in motion, helping employees understand how vulnerable data in motion is and how they can protect it.
- Office hygiene, helping employees understand the best way to protect paper, desks, screens and buildings.
Additional security awareness training FAQs:
The time required to build an IT awareness security program depends on the technology and methodology you choose.
Data shows that employees are far less likely to retain information from a cybersecurity awareness training program if the program is conducted infrequently and requires a large time investment. Some cybersecurity training programs require hours of an employee’s time often leading to employees tuning out the training and simply going through the motions to check the requirement off their to-do list. Techsho Awareness Training is different. Our engaging, seriously funny 3- to 5-minute modules are delivered monthly to make training a regular part of an employee’s responsibilities without overwhelming them.
The cost of an effective security awareness training program will vary depending on the size of your organization. We have a bundle of comprehensive cybersecurity plans for small to medium sized companies. Contact us to learn more.